Despite the same language, the British and Americans, apart from the different spellings, have a tremendous cultural and traditional difference in almost every aspect of life. Some may say that there are more similarities than differences, but it’s hard to see similarities with music and movies. But then art really has no limits, so we’ll just rule it out. We can not really use the word “entertainment” here despite the art here, as a sport is an important difference in British and American culture. Undoubtedly, football has greatly influenced this difference, but there is still a small difference that is easily noticeable at local playgrounds. In America, you can find pitching machines and other baseball training aids in almost every location. On the other hand, the British have to play their own pride cricket.
Although both games are bat and ball games and both require two-player teams and follow similar rules, there are more differences than you can imagine. Here we are talking not only about the word choice “pitching” instead of “bowling”, but also of far more technical differences. Let’s take a look at how Americans could do their free time differently than the British.
• The first perceptible difference is a difference between forms. The cricket ground is circular and the baseball floor is a unique diamond shape. The bat in baseball is cylindrical with the diameter of one end larger than the other. While the shape of the cricket bat is flat with a rounded handle on the top.
• The ball for both games is round. The cricket ball, which is now used in test matches, is red and comparatively a bit heavier, but on a smaller scale. The difference, however, is negligible. Both are made of cork. The baseball ball is always white with red stitching and cricket uses white for ODIs.
• The number of referees in a baseball can be between one and six. But usually, there are four referees in a field. In cricket, there are usually three referees, two of whom are on the field and the third referee is from the field. There is also a match referee in cricket.
• In baseball, all players except the catcher wear a glove in one hand. In cricket, Riot Gang is used by batsmen while other outfielders and bowlers carry no gear.
• In basetball, a batsman may not have more than three set squares. In cricket, the number of balls per bowler depends on the number of balls in a game.
• The maximum score in a hit is four in baseball. In cricket, the highest score can be six.
In addition to all these differences, the length of both games also differs. The baseball games are rather shorter and hectic. Pre-match cricket games can take up to five days, while one-day national players need almost a full day to finish.
.So the fact remains that cricket and baseball are similar but as you can see from the points above they do have diverse differences. Both games offer a lot of entertainment.
For an faith based inpatient drug rehab utah with great programs and staffed with the best people you’ll want to go to Zion Recovery Center!